Monday 19 October 2009

More Fairy cards from the show!

I'm not normally a fairy loving type of person, it just doesn't fit into my radar of stamping choices, but when Tracey first sent me her designs about 18 months or so ago, I have to confess I changed my mind about fairies, these were the best I'd ever seen. There wasn't just fairies, there was THAT fantasy frame!! A great setting to show them off perfectly...

This card is stunning in real life, it was made by either Karen or Rachel Jackson, Karen is the lovely mum of Rachel Jackson whose work is published in Craft Stamper magazine. Karen was demonstrating with Tracey's new stamps at the HSNW show at Port Sunlight last weekend (amongst other things she demonstrated on the day).

Last weekend seems such a LONG time ago!!!

Anyway, Karen and Rachel made a number of cards, their ideas were great!




The background is brayered onto glossy card, the frame and fairies have been stamped on top with black ink and sparkle has been added to the fairies. I like the way that part of the frame has been used in the corners!

I also loved this next card, it shows that the frame doesn't have to be used with the fairies, you can add anything! But, as shown here, a greeting is just perfect!! It really is a versatile image.

Here is another card with the frame used in the corners, a cluster of stars have been added too. The background is starburst stains and glitter added for extra sparkle. Lovely!


Thank you very much to Karen and Rachel for these cards, I'll show the others they made another time.


***********


I've now set my sky box on 671 for 12pm (noon) for Wednesday, if you have freeview it'll be on freeview channel 36 or 22? (not totally sure which it is for Create & Craft since you had your re-scans!).

I hope you can join Kay and I for our next show. Having played with Kay's stamps again, I remember how lovely they are to work with!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jill. I can't wait for Christmas to get my fairies. My daughter is fairy mad and they live all over the house, no really they do, it's not just dust showing Mum hasn't cleaned properly!!!!! We'll have loads of fun with these stamps and I adore the cards these clever ladies have made, aren't the colours gorgeous!
    My 'ickle telly is working with Sky, hurray!!!!, so I shall rush home on Wednesday to make sure I catch you and Kay, can't wait. Hope there's lots of lovely demos, pleeeease!!
    Hope you have a safe journey down.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh fantasy to be sure....lovely brayering technique on each of the creations..

    ReplyDelete
  3. All stunning! Those vivid colours in the backgrounds really make the lovely stamps stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm I'm tempted lol lol! I fink I'll ask OH for a stampman voucher for my birthday again!

    Wonderful cards, I luuurve the colours :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!