Monday 25 October 2010

It's all black and white


Over the 20 years that we've been selling craft materials I've found that some people like to start their Christmas cards really early (January is FAR too early me though!), and others get to October and realise the weeks will fly by from now until the big day.

The half-term school holidays always seem to be the time that shops start getting their Christmas stock, and most people seem to get serious about their Christmas card making so this week I'm going to be making a start showing you some Christmas cards, well, I started showing them on Friday night, but I'll continue to show them for the rest of the week.

Although this is not a new Tim Holtz stamp set, it's nonetheless still a favourite, it is Santa's Wish, the main Father Christmas image is just lovely and he's so jolly!  I've used the pine sprig on the right hand side and black webbing spray on the left hand side.

A few black nailheads and some small panels of black card have been used and it is a very quick and easy card to make which is ideal if you have a lot to make!  Swap the colours if you like for a more colourful look, but keep to using just 2 colours, (cream and brown is still a popular combination), and you'll have a pile of cards ready in no time!

Here's another little peek at the webbing spray, 'cos I just LOVE it!!


It was great seeing everyone at the Stamp Magic show yesterday, I got to play with Moonglow embossing powders all day as well as transfering printed images onto canvas until my fingers hurt!!  There is so much magic in those Moonglow embossing powder jars, they are a total joy to work with.

A HUGE thank you to everyone that visited our stand to watch what I was playing with, and for the usual moral boost you gave me when you had faith enough to buy the products I demonstrated, hopefully we've each gained and I thank you for your support!

In amongst all that was the fab chatter and hugs which always make a show wonderful, I think I got more hugs than Ian this time:)  Caroline was her usual amazing self and was fantastic help on the till et al, we have the turmoil in France to thank for having her stay home this half term to help us. Sorry your holiday got cancelled CC!!

Today's post is later than planned, but at least it's here before midnight:)

Have a great week!!!

Jill

5 comments:

  1. Love your fabulous card, black and white is so classy:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab monochrome card Jill !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. I used that stamp with maroon on cream last christmas but the black on white looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Jill x I love this stamp plate too but have been having a blue and white combo which we are doing at stamping claub on the 12th :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous card - I bought some of your spray webbing on Sunday so could well be giving it a go x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!