Friday 22 October 2010

Stamp Magic Show, The Dome, Doncaster


Are you planning to come to the show on Sunday?  If so, you'll see these and others I have made this week in real life!

I will be demonstrating the technique Vix showed at the Port Sunlight show and also our demo weekend last week.  It is transfering images/printed papers onto sticky back canvas.  I'll also be showing how to make embossed embellishments with Moonglow 2-tone embossing powders.  They really are magic!!!

I've also made another batch of Moonglow embossing powder sample pieces, ATC size, to give away, so that you can remember it when you get home.

The image below was transfered onto canvas from a lazer printed image.  It has a distressed aged feel to it so of course it had to have my favourite Moonshadow inks as the background for the card! 


I've used  Incandescent Copper with the cling film technique.The heart embellishment is embossed with Moonglow Holly Red Gold Embossing Powder, I've stamped into it with my favourite stamp at the moment, Hero Arts S5449 Fabulous Flourish.  It's such a versatile stamp!!

I'll be showing how it's done at the show so do pop along for a demo.  If you haven't got a ticket, no worries, just pop along on Sunday and pay on the door. Show open: 10am - 4pm, tickets: £5


The next card is made with the  Tim Holtz Sizzix Bigz Die - Bigz Fanciful Flight


Again I've embossed it with the 2-tone Moonglow embossing powders. This time my background is made with Starburst Stains and the scrunch technique but has an added extra, black webbing spray.  What's that I hear you think!!

We'll I first used it well over 10 years ago and like everything crafty, you end up moving onto new things and forget your old favourites, well I rediscovered this as I was looking for something to add a finishing touch to a picture frame I decorated recently, and lo and behold I looked at the mirror I painted and spray at least 10 years ago that still hangs in our living room and voila, I dug out my cans!!  It's available in gold. silver, black and white.

If you think silly spray, you're thinking along the right lines except this is finer and more hard wearing.  I've been wiping my frame at home with a damp cloth for years and it's still as good as it was when I first sprayed it.  It comes out a little like silly spray, it's quite strange!  If you spray it onto your cards/papers in a plastic bowl/tray you will get a built up of the surplus that can be peeled off and punched. Another tip, it is whiffy, like a spray paint so do your spraying outside if you can.

As it's an aerosol spray, it cannot be posted for mail order, so if you see it anywhere and think you want it, then grab it while you can, don't umm and arr, it'll be too late when you get home!!! 

We'll have some at the show.  It's not a cheap product but it lasts and is so effective.

Here's a close up that show's the Moonglow Lapis Lazuli blue/gold embossing powder and the webbing spray background


If you can't make it to the show, then we have the EP's on the website on Special Offer at the moment and if you are at the show, we have a Show Special with them too!

I'll be back on Sunday with another card showing these techniques.

Have a great weekend!!

Jill

2 comments:

  1. Great work, Jill. Hope the show's a good 'un!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alternatively you can put the cans up your sleeve and pretend to be spiderman :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!