Saturday 26 May 2012

Encrusted Jewel Technique Vintage Photo Frame


I finally got round to taking a photo of the frame I made for the workshop last weekend.  I made another frame using the Ikea mirror that the ladies were going to decorate as the smaller frame is no longer available (typical!) but it did give us a bigger area to work with.


It is the type of project where no 2 frames would be exactly the same so I wanted to decorate the new frame  to give the ladies something visual to look at while at the same time, adapting the techniques for their own frames.


It is really hard to capture the colours of the Moonshadow Ink and the gold embossing so I took these photos outside in the sunshine today which has helped a bit.


The frame is stained with Moonshadow Ink and stamped with Stampendous Elegant Border stamps.


I made up a magical mix of embossing powders, fragments, glitters etc, then added aged gold and shabby white embossing enamels randomly.


Ribbon was embedding in the embossing here and there too and also stained with Moonshadow Ink before fraying and adding to the centre



One of the reasons I'm only just getting round to posting this is that I was floored by a really nasty bug this week, thankfully it is gone now, it's far too hot to have a bug!

I hope you are having a great weekend and enjoying this lovely weather, keep cool :)

Jill x

3 comments:

  1. It looks great, Jill - hope it wasn't that Caz that gave you her germs. Lol. Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous frame Jill, the photos have shown all the fabulous details. hope you feoo better soon.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous Jill and I bet even better IRL.
    Glad your bug has gone - have a good week.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always really appreciated!